Use the search box to the right, to find what you are looking for. Powered by Google.
Born in the small Ontario town of Neustadt, John Diefenbaker was a Canadian politician. He was the 13th Prime Minister of Canada from June 21, 1957 – April 22, 1963, and is known for his very clever quotes. Below, you are going to read some of John Diefenbaker's best quotes.
26:44 mins video documentary of Diefenbaker
1. I have one love - Canada; one purpose - Canada's greatness; one aim - Canadian unity from the Atlantic to the Pacific.
2. I am not anti-American. But I am strongly pro-Canadian.
3. There can be no dedication to Canada's future without knowledge of its past.
4. In Pierre Trudeau, Canada has finally produced a Prime Minister worthy of assassination.
5. Parliament is more than a procedure - it is the custodian of the nation's freedom.
6. I am the first prime minister of this country of neither English nor French origin. So I determined to bring about Canadian citizenship that knew no hyphenated consideration... I'm very happy to be able to say that in the House of Commons today in my party we have members of Italian, Dutch, German, Scandinavian, Chinese and Ukrainian origin and they are all Canadians.
7. Everyone is against me - except the people!
8. I've lived history. I've made history, and I know I'll have my place in history. That's not egoism.
9. I have an intense hatred for discrimination based on colour.
10. What is the difference between a cactus and a conservative caucus? On a cactus, the pricks are on the outside.
11. Freedom includes the right to say what others may object to and resent... The essence of citizenship is to be tolerant of strong and provocative words.
12. I was criticized for being too much concerned with the average Canadian. I can't help that; I am one of them!
13. When you come to Parliament on your first day, you wonder how you ever got here. After that, you wonder how the other 263 members got here.