Use the search box to the right, to find what you are looking for. Powered by Google.
1) The current mayor of the city is Henry Braun, a businessman turned politician. He was born in Paraguay and moved to Canada when he was about 3 years old.
2) The city has over 50 parks and recreation sites, with the largest park being Rotary Park.
3) In 2006, the population of Abbotsford was 134,859.
4) It was incorporated ias a city n 1945.
5) The median age of Abbotsford is 37 years old – lower than the BC provincial average of 41 years old.
6) The average price for a detached home is $481,020 (a decrease of 1% from last year). The average rent for all apartments are priced at around $1,448/month (a slight increase from last year). Most residents in the city commute by personal vehicles – 73% or 79,000 people.
7) Abbotsford International Airport is famously known for holding an open-air Mass for over 200,000 people for Pope John Paul II in September of 1984 (3 years before I was born).
8) It takes about 45 minutes to get to Vancouver from Abbotsford by car (by Highway 1), so the two cities are close.
9) The famous Gur Sikh Temple, located on 33089 South Fraser Way in Surrey, is North America's oldest Sikh temple. It was built from 1908 to 1911. It has withstood the test of time and is now over 100 years old!
10) In 2010 the provincially owned liquor stores sold $5.7 million in alcohol in the city, making Abbotsford the highest-grossing alcohol-selling city per capita.
11) Gang-related crime is quite high in Abbotsford in relation to other large cities in British Columbia.
12) If you are a mountain biker, then you will love all the trail options that Sumas Mountain has to offer.
13) Abbotsford has a wide variety of restaurants, such as the popular Sushi Station Japanese Restaurant.
14) The Sikh population is quite high in Abbotsford, as it is home to Canada's largest Sikh temple and most of the residents are originally from Punjab, India.
15) About 65% of the population speaks English, and in second place is Punjabi at around 18%, so Abbotsford has a large Pakistani and Indian community (just over 24 thousand).